No other types of students at UC Davis raise more money or volunteer more community service hours than Greeks. In 2011-12 they raised over $250,000 and performed 24,000 hours of community service. See the list below to see some of the ways Greeks give back to the community. All sororities and fraternities at UC Davis, regardless of their specific focus or interest, engage in some form of philanthropic activity, ranging from volunteering for local organizations to producing week-long events that raise $10,000 or more every year. The list below is a small sample of events that illustrate the range and success of the Greeks' philanthropic efforts.
Please contact us if you have a need for enthusiastic, reliable, and energetic volunteers.
Examples of Greek Philanthropic Projects in 2011-12
- 20 hours volunteered to produce the Coming Out Workshop at UC Davis by Delta Lambda Phi
- 220 hours volunteered at the Davis Methodist Church Grace Garden by Phi Delta Theta
- 100 hours volunteered at the Patwin Elementary School by Delta Xi Phi
- Over 100 miles hiked to raise awareness for Pathway Home by Sigma Nu
- $1000 for Cancer Shmancer raised by Sigma Alpha Epsilon Pi at Challah Back
- 2000 hours volunteered at the ASUCD Food Pantry performed by Tau Kappa Epsilon
- $5725 for Save A Child's Heart raised by Alpha Epsilon Pi at Dumps for Dollars
- $7000 for the Pi Beta Phi Foundation raised by Pi Beta Phi at Arrow Jam
- $13,500 for St Jude's Children's Research Hospital raised by Delta Delta Delta at Sincerely Yours